Totally Locally Shop and Grocery
F Mill, Dean Clough, Halifax
We are offering you the opportunity not only to work in but also share in the ownership of the NEW Totally Locally Cafe & Grocery. We have vacancies for both full and part time members.
This is unlike any other job offer – this is something more. Totally Locally Ltd is creating a 21st Century workers co-operative with the primary aim of supporting the local economy and community by using, wherever possible, local producers, suppliers and retailers offering the best of local produce to customers at exceptional value during hours which are convenient to them.
The success of this project will be entirely down to the ability of the members to work together as a team. After all, each member will also own part of the business and receive a share of the profits.
Intended opening hours
Mon-Fri 7:00am to 9:00pm
Working shift pattern
6:30am to 2:00pm
12:00pm to 6:30pm
6:00pm to 9:30pm
Sat & Sun 9:00am to 9:00pm
8:30am to 4:30pm
4:00pm to 9:30pm
Rewards will include
Basic pay based on hours worked and above National Minimum wage.
Annual Holiday entitlement of 20 days.
Share of profits twice a year.
Possibility of flexi-time
Skills & Qualities we are looking for
- The understanding that this will be YOUR business and will require the passion and drive to make the cafe & grocery profitable and sustainable.
- Initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A commitment to provide exceptional customer service at all times that says ‘we love what we do’ and exceed customer expectations. A smile and cheerful outlook will be essential.
- A willingness to put in the graft required, particularly when other members are ill or on holiday and their shifts need to be covered.
- The ability to spot an opportunity, whether it’s finding new suppliers, coming up with creative ideas and implementing them or simply to identify what needs doing and getting it done as opposed to waiting until someone else does it.
- A passion for, and understanding of the Totally Locally ethos and also for local produce. Taking pride in where you work will be a fundamental.
- A high standard of hygiene – both personal and around food.
- The ability to work under pressure and to maintain the high standards we expect of each other.
- Experience in catering and/or retailing is a bonus, but not essential. A greater emphasis will be placed on ensuring that we find the right people to become co-op members. Full training will be given where necessary
- A requirement for existing members to develop the skills of new members.
Remember this will be YOUR Business and you will all be in it together.
If you have an interest in applying or have any questions about the opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be held Sunday 27th May.